Thursday, August 28, 2008

the internet is my playground



Sometimes, when I'm extremely bored, I like to read personal posts on craigslist. It's an awful habit - kind of like watching "Moment of Truth." It's a damn train wreck, but my lurid curiousity gets the best of me.

My home state of Jersey is just a subtab and the juicy stuff always happens in the city (New York City for people living outside the tri-state). Missed Connections always get me. My favorite are the men who write about women - they are modern-day sleuths. They detail everything -

You were on the E train at 7:14 a.m.

You pushed your hair behind your ear before crossing Lexington

Saw you at Whole Foods - you picked up the extra spicy organic salsa

Really? Really? I am sure that those girls were making a mental note - that guy looked at me. I must check craigslist for a post about our immediate attraction to one another! I have a radical thought. Why not...wait for it...talk to the person? It sure beats refreshing your e-mail for week and then catching a beer with your friends, saying, "I should have talked to that girl!" You might have an engaging conversation, exchange numbers - even get their name.

Then at least you can Facebook stalk them.

1 comment:

Finger Talks said...

woohoo facebook stalking!!!