Thursday, September 25, 2008

airspace = foreign policy experience



I like to keep up-to-date with my politics but I have to shout out to my favorite blog, Dooce.com, for alerting me to this one.

I'm more than a little scared about the upcoming election. And Sarah Palin scares me. It's not the gun-toting or the moose-killing that has me nervous - it's the fact that she didn't own a passport until last year. She has no foreign policy experience when this country desperately needs to mend international relations.

And this video tells it all -
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4478156n

So, Russian airplanes crossing over Alaska gives you world cred? And you need to "keep an eye" on the Russians? And don't forget about those shifty Canadians!

And another part that bothers me - she has a journalism degree but isn't allowed to talk to reporters? How does that work out? She should be willing to talk and anticipate the questions since she's been in the field. Are people supposed to feel comfortable voting with her on the ticket if they have only heard what she stands for through handlers or old speeches?

I say switch her out for Tina Fey.

No comments: